crash66
Lucky 47

Bikes: 2005 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt888
Paper thin mental toughness?? That's laughable! 4 tours, top ten in all of them and second in 2. Yeah, no capacity to perform as an athlete there?? I wouldn't exactly call him at the end of his career, he'll ride another 4 tour's easily. He's only just hit his stride as a cyclist in the last couple of years. You need to watch all his interviews, then you would realise that he's hardly egotistical. Having a motorhome and bodyguard that are suplied by your team (the entourage you speak of, some refer to them as family and friends, but I guess you don't know much about, sucks to be you I guess) not yourself (you can garrantee it wasn't his idea), just means your team want you to focus on the task at hand. Its all good and well for you to comment on someones mental resolve from your PC on a forum, but to call a twice runner up, 4 time top 10 finisher of the biggest annual sporting event in the world "a spoilt 3 year old" and then comment on the pitch of his voice as if that means anything says alot more about you and your intilectual deficiencies as a cyclist and person than it could ever reflect on him.
Why don't we all just end the discussion once and for all by asking Cadel himself whether he's satisfied with his performance, and whether he feels that he showed up when he needed to.* Matt and Rusty, look up his number in your rolodex and give him a ring.* Let us know the answer.