View Single Post
Old 07-31-08, 07:50 AM
timokabo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swimmer88
your 500 time isn't actually that bad. I'm sure you've been faster, but I think if you start swimming again you'll lose the weight and improve quickly.

I would start swimming first so that you build up your fitness and lose some of the weight. That way there won't be any stress on your knees when you start running. Try just swimming for distance, not speed. Try to start out doing 2500 yards in one hour. I think you'll be able to do that based on your 500 time. If that's too easy or too hard, then adjust accordingly.

Yeah Im currently trying to get acess to use a true pool to train in(could be hard due to area i live in). when i was 200 lbs in high school the fastest 500 i ever swam was 5 mins 36 secs my junior year. that was right before my injury. Its kind of good actually that i was a distance swimmer in high school since i already know proper form. Hardest thing will be running since what i learned to do running wise playing tennis will counteract what i want to be doing for tri training. Also thanks everyone for the advice.