Old 11-07-04, 10:36 PM
sparks_219 

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Instinct, Cannondale Six13, Cervelo One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cryogenic
Just a few things that get on my nerves on most websites these days. Make sure your page validates as xhtml 1.0 so that it will work on nearly any device in nearly any browser. Frames are a real pain and make google indexing not work as well as intended. Your best bet for the database related stuff would be php/mysql as both are free and simple, for the most part. If you're in need of a good host on the cheap, there are plenty of options. The host I use is 1and1 http://1and1.com and they have a package for $10 a month that gives you 3 free domains, 2gb storage, 50gb transfer, 5 FTP and 500 email accounts with 1GB each.
Thanks for the advice. I will use php/mysql combo because I have some scripts written in that combo already. I'm a fan of tables, and simple javascripting. There is no need for <DIV>s, or any sort of frames for the design I have in my head. The onlything is the LBS's colour is green. It is sort of a diffcult colour to blend into most designs.

I will speak to them about their host, but personally, I get my hosting for free. I used to work at probably the biggest hosting company in Canada this summer....

Ming