View Single Post
Old 07-31-08, 01:36 PM
timokabo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by famelec
Lots of good training and nutrition info at www.beginnertriathlete.com. Also lots of inspiring stories of beginners losing lots of weight and becoming competitive. You've got a huge head start in that you're young and very recently a competitive athlete, so you have a decent fitness base that you will tap into.

Don't try to run train like you swam in HS (lots of short and fast intervals) or you'll just have injury problems. Just run or run/walk slowly. Don't worry about run or bike speed. That will come quickly as your weight goes down.

I'm no expert on weight loss, but what works for me are small and frequent meals (my "in between meals" are usually just apples or bananas at work, but they keep me from being hungry and overeating at regular meals), and no soft drinks!

Good luck!

Brian
Nice web site. I never did intervals when i trained since i was distance swimmer and not a sprinter (lucky me). I just started eating smaller portions spread out throught the day. I do not like pop but can be a sucker for juice at times.My goal is to try and lose around 1 pound a week