View Single Post
Old 07-31-08, 06:02 PM
kokomo61

Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
UPDATE: Got my witness subpoena yesterday. Have to show up at court at 9:30 on the hearing date. Spoke with ticketing officer - they gave me a run-down on what happens at court. The officers meet with the town attorney to discuss the cases on the docket, and decide if any other charges apply. Based on the officer's response, I doubt that they will add any charges to the case. The most likely one would be passing on the right, but again, they will decide that on the morning of the hearing.

They got the 911 call - it was from the driver - (I guess he listened when I told him to call 911....although in retrospect, I should have asked one of the other witnesses..at least we'd have their name and phone number). He couldn't give the address, so he handed the phone off to another person. The officer will tell me if they gave a name.

I'll be bringing my GPS data, street view photographs, and a Google Maps view of the accident location, with the location of all the cars. I'll also bring the GPS.

My expectation is that he'll either get the full ticket, or if he's got a lawyer, get to plead it down to a lower point violation. Hopefully they'll have to get my OK (as the victim in the case). As far as having an out-of-state license and living in the state, the officer said that's likely not applicable here, and that the points SHOULD transfer if/when he gets a VA license.

His car is already fixed, but I've still not heard anything on my property damage claim. I've got the certified mail receipt showing they've got the estimates and inventory of damaged stuff. So, if I don't hear anything by the end of next week, I'll follow up with them.

How am I doing? Still sore. Had my 4th PT session, and the ribs still hurt. Hips are not flexible, and my groin muscles are like steel cables (that's not a brag, they're just tight). Still have to take drugs to sleep through the night.

That's about it for now. Next news is likely either the PD settlement, or the court date report.....
'06 Kona Jake the Snake