View Single Post
Old 08-01-08, 09:19 AM
Freakin'Chickin

Bikes: 97 Rocky Mountain Whistler commuter/tourer - 04 Devinci Phantom hardtail - 89 Italo-Japanese road bike - 2010 Pivot Mach 429 29er - Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fatbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Virginia/Maryland/NC touring

Hello folks,

Okay, I dunno if you consider VA-MD-NC northeast or southeast, but, what the heck

I am looking for some route recommandations for a week of touring in mid-november. The point is: I don't have much time to go far, and I want to do it on the cheap. As I start from Qc City (where the weather is usually the crappiest by that time of year), I was thinking about going a little south. Looks like Amtrak tickets are not so pricey (around 300$CAN to go from Mtl to Richmond and back), so I thought about it.

Anyway, do you have any advice about cool routes that I could do around those places or not too far away? I don't want to travel for 3 days to get there, then bike for 4 and get back. Let's say I will have around 6 days of touring. I was thinking about a tour of Cheasapeake bay, but don't know if the roads are very bike friendly there, so I'm asking if you have routes to propose, I'll be glad to hear about it!

I know, november is mostly crappy weather anywhere, but I do prefer to bike in 10C rainy weather than in freezing rain/hail/snow around 0C... So, any suggestions?

Thanks!