J A Holman
Boooga BOO

Bikes: Colnago for road, Fuji for track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Live2Die
Yesterday I had some spandex toting roadie (note I have no problem with this just setting the scene) pass me while I was on the way to a short little 1k climb to the top of a local butte. As I rounded the initial turn I spotted him a few hundred feet ahead and thought I'd have a go, beat him by about a minute. I bet he is thankful for all those useful gears that allow him to tackle such a monster climb in no time The only time it sucks is when the other rider doesn't respond and then you look like the tool, thats why I usually stick to roadies or someone looking for it.
yeah, getting to the top with plenty of energy to spare probably knocked him out eh? Road bikes can ascend much faster than fixed. The actual difference is that they don't -have- to ascend much faster than fixed.

lol, I think I'll stop pointing out the "my fixed climb so fast" newb cyclist fallacy, it colours my opinion of whoever believes that crap too much when it is really just a small thing. Lots of people believe a stupid thing, me included, just not that stupid thing