Old 08-04-08, 10:40 AM
jchechile

Bikes: Fuji Espree conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geoffvsjeff
These days, I still use the modivation trick of trying to catch some rider on the road to keep myself going, but the unspoken race game just doesn't do much for me anymore, and I certainly don't get into back and forth matches like I used to.
yeah i am not necessarily racing people but more seeing a cyclist off in the distance and saying ok i'm going to pedal hard to catch up to them.. then i just do it again. just to make it more interesting for me. it has nothing to do with them or beating them.

also there's this one stretch of road on my commute to and from work where i get to pace cars and usually pass them up once they get closer to downtown. i try to beat my own time to places i go often, to another part of town or work or to my friend's house who lives up a ton of hills...

i think the OP was talking about when someone challenges HIM to a race though.. lots of people in this thread seemed to have turned it into a badass contest where they go around racing people.. i mean not everyone but idk it just seems like a slightly different topic. not that there's anything wrong with what they do i'm just sayin.