Old 08-05-08, 05:13 AM
Hammertoe
A Little Bent

Location: Struggling up a hillside in Vermont, USA... ..........................................
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FixdGearHead
Great report. I do believe I was one of the poor souls you were floating past and gave some encouragement to...much needed at the time.

Such a humbling experience, that race; it was my first hill climb in 'competition' (having ridden up Whiteface and Mt Evans outside of a race) and regardless of feeling like I'm in the best shape of my life at age 31, 5' 10", 138lbs, apprx 8% body fat, I was an absolute wreck and felt like I couldn't even crawl up the road. Ugh.

Finished 44th.

I thought I was a climber. No. No, not at all, compared to you all that made the hill succumb to your will.

Beginning to both dread and look forward to Mt. Washington.

First hillclimb race and finished 44th. That is a great result...

There is a learning curve with these hillclimbs races. You will get better. After riding a few of these races you will find out what you are capable of and then ride within yourself...

That is what I like about these hillclimb races; they are really time trials. Although there are others in the race and there might be a rider you want to beat; it is about you, the clock, the Mountain, and how much pain you can endure...

I will see you on Washington...

I will be wearing my SpongeBob jersey, with hairy legs, riding a Scott CR1...