View Single Post
Old 08-05-08, 11:36 AM
mkadam68

Bikes: 2012 MotorHouse road bike. No. You can't get one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rtay7lor07
I was talking to a few people and I visited a few lbs and it just seemed better to save. I don't want to start riding for 6 months and decide that I want to upgrade, it will feel better just to have something good to start with and keep with for a longer period of time. Can you tell me more about the end of season sales? Your saying most of the mid-high ends will go on sale? On the performance bike website?

I'm a noob admittedly so you'll have to bare with me, I change my mind a lot. Do you guys think I should wait and buy a high end bike or just grab a used one for cheap and ride a few months then upgrade?

Are you saying like in march? Like this thread from 07

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=281259

"You might think I'm crazy I tend to get my mind on something and it stays there, and right now its in road bikes ;p"
This is the decision we all faced at one time: spend only a little 'cause we may not like the sport, but if we do, we'll want to upgrade, but we already wasted $xxx on the cheap stuff. Welcome to the "club"

I wouldn't exactly call Performance bikes "high end", although they're not bad from what I see/hear.

Maybe the best thing, since you "change your mind alot" is to try cycling with a club ride--borrow somebody's bike or rent one for this. Then, you'll know better. It'd be a shame to spend $1500 and change your mind and not like the sport.