View Single Post
Old 08-05-08, 01:06 PM
harleyfrog
An Army of Fred

Location: Lost South of Nowhere East of Edan On the Waterfront Far from the Madding Crowd (Biloxi, MS)

Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Not to get this topic strayed too far (as if ) off topic, there is an argument that motorcyclists use (not sure if there's any research to support it, however) that the added mass of a helmet can actually cause neck injuries in an accident. Not sure if that applies to bicycle helmets, which tend to be much lighter.

Either way, I wear mine, 100%, if for no other reason than if I'm ever in an accident, the newspaper story won't read, "the cyclist was not wearing a helmet".

Back to the topic at hand, I love the comment:
saving gas is good but who wants to spend 2-3 hours a day biking? I'll ride for 45 minutes at the gym and still kick your butt!
Yeah, but I'd rather spend two hours getting a good, healthy workout, raising my endorphin levels, lowering my colestrol, blood pressure, and heart rate than sitting one hour in a rush hour traffic jam getting annoyed, angry, and stressed out. And while you're getting your third triple by-pass surgery, I'll be dining on Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey after polishing off a double century for lunch.

Last edited by harleyfrog; 08-05-08 at 01:12 PM.