View Single Post
Old 08-05-08, 09:16 PM
JeffS
not a role model

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Strangely, I only have pictures of the bikes I've sold, or am in the process of selling. Without a rack or fender amongst them, they don't fit well in this thread, but they were all definitely commuters.

Bike that converted me to drop bars:

Yes, I did commute on it:

First fixed-gear:

Bad Boy... went back on ebay after two commutes -- the intact dork disk should be proof of that.

One of my long-time commuters gets torn down. Hate that I didn't take pics before stripping it. Was built with Phil Wood/DTSwiss/dura ace/fsa. This is the first bike that will be missed if it sells. Ive decided to move the parts to a Lemond Fillmore frame for the rack mount. If it doesn't sell I'll be secretly happy and hang it on the wall until it's eventual return. I hated the graphics, but the red and white grew on me.

Current commuter lineup:

- Salsa Las Cruces (only one currently in service)
- Lemond Fillmore custom build
- Velorbis Scrap Deluxe
- Surly Big Dummy

I'm as attached to the Las Cruces as much as I was the s-works langster. One of these days, I'll get over it and replace it with a more practical frame - meaning rack and fender mounts. Short of full-custom, I can't find a frame I'm entirely happy with. The Salsa Casseroll is the frontrunner right now. Could realistically end up with two casserolls, one geared and one fixed.