Old 08-07-08, 07:32 PM
peabodypride
No plan.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BroadSTPhilly
Winning is an owltude. Peabody where do you live that you have a 30 mile roundtrip commute? And what's you route? I can't imagine anywhere 15 miles away from Temple that I would want to ride to Temple from. Anyway I am an energy analyst for a energy consulting firm. We focus mainly on power.
lol. I live in the nicer part of Delco in Ridley right outside Swarthmore. My normal ride is through Folsom-Collingdale-Darby-Lansdowne-and up through West Philly to Baltimore. On the way home I take Baltimore to Springfield, to Cobbs Creek, out to Main through Colwyn, and back into my area by paralleling McDade. On both ways I use the Spring Garden bridge and bypass CC altogether.

As a sidenote, no one would want to ride through the grittier parts of West Philly beyond 50th, it sucks having to cross that zone, but I don't get heckled or anything. In the winter once it gets dark.... I might have to take the train home for safety's sake, but I'll see.

I really don't mind the commute but I do miss living in the dorms... perhaps next year.