Old 08-08-08, 09:43 AM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcgreivey
Here are some numbers I'd like to know, so I can get all over-excited about more stuff:

1. How many people died in the US last year after getting scratched by a cat? More than zero? Cats are baaaad! Oh, and you might trip over a cat, too!

2. How many people died aafter taking a tumble off the bottom step of a atairway? And lets not even get INTO the death toll from higher steps! All steps are bad! No more steps! Get rid of them!

3. How many people died after tripping while walking down a wheelchair ramp? Wheelchair ramps! Get rid of them!

4. How many people died after being struck by a wheelchair? Wheelchairs! Make them walk!

5. And....ummm...well, now many people died accidentally while cleaning their guns? How many died when someone in house across the street was cleaning his gun (more than zero, I expect)? Guns! Get rid....um, well, is it legal now to say that in the US?

Just thinking. Not thinking to hard, though. That can hurt.
Minor things. Ban bath tubs and showers. Deaths there actually ride to significant numbers. Of course if they were banned who knows how many deaths we would see from 'stink rage'

Also on the serious side, wheelchair ramps are a serious hazard to one handicapped group. The blind. Used to be they could tell where the curb was and thus where the road started. With ramps it is now very easy for them to miss this boundry. Bad thing to step in front of a moving car.