Old 08-10-08, 08:06 PM
cooleric1234

Bikes: CAAD9-1, Windsor Cliff 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Definitive Pedal Thread!

I'm looking at getting a fixed gear bike for commuting for a few reasons: low maintenance, low initial cost, still fairly lightweight, good training, to name a few. The one thing that really confuses me is the pedals. I saw the thread recently on what type of pedals to get and it seems like it would be much better suited to a poll.

So, what kind of pedals do you use for your fixed gear bike?

On a personal note, if it's a clipless system, HOW do you do that? On my road bike I have to take a half revolution with the side clipped in, then coast while I clip in the other side. I wouldn't know how to clip in to any type of pedal when I have to move the cranks. Do you just put your foot on the pedal and fumble around until it gets in as you're spinning? Thus relying on the slow cadence after a start?

As you can tell, I've never ridden a fixed gear bike. I have many other questions, but I'm trying to search in the forums and online to get them answered. Speaking of which, I have some suggestions for a much more useful sticky FAQ type thread than the current one with very deep links. It'll have to be for another post.