Thread: Frame Geometry
View Single Post
Old 08-11-08, 10:31 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 503 Posts
Originally Posted by tigrrrtamer
Yes I would love links, thank you.
I haven't looked at my Talbot book in about 20 years, so I'm not even sure it would have what I want in it.
The bike I had was really short... ultra short chainstays, the feet overlapped with the front wheel, it handled amazingly in slow and fast situations... quite different from your standard steering geometry.
I want someting extremely nimble, but stable on th edownhlls as well... looking for some examples... something tried and tested. Track might not be appropriate for this. I have a track bike with an aggressive geometry from the same maker, and it handles quite differently from the frame I crashed and no longer have.

I was thinking of what are you looking for, and then I could send you just a few links.

How does this strike you: the numbers for my 53 cm California Masi, an odd, tight, short road bike (these are approximate, my notebook is at home):

ST 51.5 cm c-c
TT 52 cm c-c
STA 75 degrees
HTA 73 degrees
chainstey 39.5 cm
BB drop 7.5 cm
700c tubulars
has toe overlap

Or are you more interested in teh general science of frame design and customization?

Road Fan