View Single Post
Old 08-12-08, 04:26 AM
nnevermindd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK thanks guys - I had a gut feeling that folding bike would be the way to go, but couldn't help but wonder. now I know it's what i wanna do.

I'm 190lbs at most (that's when I'm eating too many sweets and junk food, hehe - hopefully getting back on a bike will get my weight down!) and 5'10.

then this question, so Dahon has proprietary parts, and I couldn't get something off the "regular" bike shelves if i wanted to mod/upgrade?

and this: is it worth it to get a Full Suspension downtube, instead of just the front suspension? would I really notice the difference with a full suspension riding around over bumpy sidewalks, potholes and jumping off the occasional curb?

as a side question, what about a downtube mini? i am aware of the disadvantages of smaller tires feeling the road bumps even more, and especially because the downtube mini does not have the same quality of suspension that the 20" models have. but the 16" is SUPER portable... would that be too much of a novelty for someone who realistically won't be packing his bike in a suitcase or back seat every other weekend?

edit: i wish i could get the downtube full suspension internal hub bike with a color OTHER than white!!

Last edited by nnevermindd; 08-12-08 at 04:29 AM.