Eyestrain
Impossibly sophisticated

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mt. Evans | Saturday August 9

This past Saturday, August 9, 2008, my wife and I rode to the summit of Mt. Evans from Echo Lake. We started our descent from the summit at about 11:30. About 6 miles down and at about 11:45 or so, she hit a massive pothole and went down really, really hard. Although I was in front of her at the time and did not see the actual fall, she recalled being thrown over the handlebars. She landed right on her face and her two upper front teeth were knocked back (not out) and were angled toward her throat. Her upper lip was badly cut up, and her nose and chin were also scraped, and there was about a 1/2 inch deep gash under her chin.

Coincidentally, there were two cyclists almost directly across the street that witnessed the crash.

A nice couple in a grey SUV with a bike rack and first-aid kit gave us a ride to our car. I then drove my wife to Swedish, where she underwent surgery at about midnight to fix her broken jaw and put approximately 50 stitch her face.

Because my efforts were concentrated on first aid and getting my wife to the hospital, I never got the names of any of the people in the SUV or the cyclists who witnessed the crash. Although finding the people in the SUV is a longshot, I wonder if either of the two cyclists who witnessed the crash are on this board or if anybody on this board knows who they are. If so, please send me a message as I’d like to speak with either of them.

Thanks in advance.