Old 08-14-08, 11:27 AM
somedood

Bikes: Ibex Xray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Donating blood and biking afterwards

So I'm donating blood today. Not "Donate blood - mountain bike!", but like the kind where you put it in a bag for other people to use vs. smooshing it into the dirt after wrecking.

I normally drive or take the motorcycle on the days that I donate, but I just got new tires to replace the ones that were cut from a pinch flat and wanted to try them out. I totally smoked a runner on one of the hills on the way to work so they must be good. Anyway, they say that you're not supposed to engage in vigorus physical activity for a few hours after donating, and I wont' be riding home until around 3 hours after I've donated. I figure I can ride slow on a bike trail on the way home instead of my normal riding sort of fast on the road with traffic.

It seems like as long as i have enough water I'd be ok, and the biggest worry is that the needle-hole would re-open if my heart rate is too high. Maybe I wouldn't be able to carry as much oxygen with a slightly lower volume of blood, I dunno. Am I paranoid, stupid or some kind of mix of the two?