Old 08-14-08, 03:48 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I was just reading something on this subject in the Rivendell Reader and the author (not Grant Petersen) was saying that our exercise should be like back in the Cromagnon days, i.e. walk a lot, run very fast very occasionally, eat protien and veggies and not much carbo at all.

Long efforts at sustained high energy outputs (only possible while injesting large amounts of carbos) was particularly bad. It was based on how we (humans) evolved over hundreds of thousands of years, and how we've change our ways (for the worse) since the invention of agriculture (read: easy carbohydrates).

While it did all make sense, within it's own context, I really don't remember Cromagnons living all that long, i.e. 35 years was a average lifetime. Anyway, I'll try to find a link and post it here via an edit.

Rick / OCRR

Edit: Well, I thought I'd be able to find the article over on rivbike.com, but I was wrong, or at least, not searching very well . . . It's in the latest issue of the Rivendell Reader, if your bike shop has one laying about.

Last edited by Rick@OCRR; 08-14-08 at 04:04 PM.