DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
So does anybody really care?

So if I get up early every day for 16 years and go running or something eventually I'll feel better?

Honestly, I'm thinking that, if folks don't find a shorter term benefit, a 16 year exercise program is going to fall by the wayside. How many people are paying monthly health club fees for services that they never use?

Do we have to turn everything into a job so that we can piously tell our friends that "Studies show etc.etc." What's wrong with just bicycling for fun?
What an incredible concept!

Bicycling for fun?

Naw

It's just too easy.

We humans HAVE to put facts and figures around everything we do.

Like - how many miles did you ride today? What was your average speed? Top speed? Slowest speed? How many times do you turn the crank every minute? How many hours should you rest between rides? How many days/hours/minutes/seconds/microseconds until you have a recovery ride? How long and fast should that recovery ride be? How ofeten does your heart beat when resting - when riding - when climbing hills - when slowing down - when it is 220 - age - when you are riding upside down. And on and on, ad infinitum. Check out the Roadie forum!

Ride for fun?

That would be no fun!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-14-08 at 06:52 PM.