Old 11-13-04, 10:40 PM
slotibartfast
Duct tape won't fix that

Bikes: 2003 Bianchi Veloce, 2002 Gary Fisher Utopia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I decided a few years ago that I was just getting too old, fat, and lazy. I started looking around for a form of exercise that I would enjoy. I didn't really enjoy walking because I really never got any more than a couple of miles from home and that was boring. Running was out - I've always hated running and I'd had my fill of it from high school sports. Besides, I'm what you'd call "slow"....running, that is . Anyway, I saw a lot of folks around here riding their bikes on the streets and have a neighbor, co-worker, and a brother that are cyclists, so I started asking some questions about the current cycling scene and they were happy to point me in the right direction. I had ridden an old 10 speed occasionally back in the mid-eighties, but I wasn't prepared for all the choices and much higher prices than I'd remembered. I thought that a hybrid would be the way to go because I wasn't sure if I wanted to lean towards the mtn bike or road side of the sport, so I bought a Gary Fisher Utopia, which is pretty much the same as your Trek 7500FX, but with a suspension fork. After my first season on the Fisher, I knew that I was a roadie at heart and I got tired of the road bike people passing me all the time, so I made plans to get a road bike in a few years. In September 04, my LBS ran a midnight sale with some outrageous prices that I couldn't pass up and I bought an 04 Bianchi Veloce. Transitioning from the Fisher to the Bianchi was easier than I thought it would be. The Bianchi's handling is somewhat "twitchier" than the Fisher, but that's due to the lighter weight and the narrower handlebars. It was more difficult getting used to the clipless pedals, but after a few mishaps, I got used to them and actually remember to unclip when stopping most of the time . Now, I use the Fisher as my foul weather bike, my trainer bike, and my riding with my wife bike. When I want to feel like I'm flying, I use the Bianchi. I love the bike, the pedals, and just going out and riding as fast as I can. I'm still old, fat, and lazy, but I'm not as slow as I used to be .