Old 08-18-08, 12:06 PM
slugman
Lurker

Bikes: IRO fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Forgot that this was this weekend, I did the running race up the mountain back in June. I was somewhat disappointed at the weather being reasonably good for that as I was hoping to really suffer. It was around 75 and sunny at the base, rather windy/foggy/overcast and ~40 at the very top.

I posted some of this on the NE forum section, but I camped out the rainy night before, did 1:23 on foot, then ran down the trails afterwords with my pack that a nice spectator drove to the top when I asked at the base. My legs felt nice and wobbly when I got back to the start (missed the trail I meant to take back to the start and ended up at Pinkham Notch with a few miles to run uphill again to the auto road). The drive back to Boston after that was entertaining as my body decided it wanted to go to sleep.

For power numbers, at 6'2" I was maybe 160/165 with clothes running up so 220-230w from that NE Cycling Calc, not that these things translate. I did treat it as more of an experience than a race, taking in the scenery with walking breaks and such. Had to save a sprint for the wall at the end of course