Old 08-19-08, 08:27 AM
Bantam

Bikes: Trek 1500

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duke of Kent
My racing volume has actually decreased of late.

After doing nine 100km crits at SuperWeek, I took a super easy week and rested up. Rode Elk Grove in support of a teammate. Moderate week after that, two easy races at Grayslake and Glencoe, only 75min+2L for both of those, and once the break was established, I got a free ride aside from the last 20min or so.

Today, my training ride was fine. Semi-recovery day, pretty easy but not really tooling around. Low-end tempo, I guess. No soreness, no fatigue, no shortness of breath nor any trouble with the drained feeling I experienced yesterday. I do have some enlarged lymph nodes on my neck that are a bit sensitive to pressure, but I don't have any symptoms of any cold/flu/AIDS at the moment.

I don't regularly monitor my resting heart rate, but I'll try to remember for the next couple of mornings. As I type, it's 22 beats in 30 seconds, or 44bpm. That sounds a little TOO low for me; usually it's in the low 50s or high 40s. Does this mean (in conjunction with the lymph nodes being swollen) I need to step back for a bit? I've never had a problem with overtraining or overdoing the intensity of my workouts or races, and I don't FEEL tired or sick right now, so I'm clueless.
Other than finding that humorous, I have nothing constructive to add.