Old 08-19-08, 09:55 AM
BSLeVan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deraltekluge
The same applies for differences in how you place the pedal under your foot...closer to or farther from the toes. The center of the circle in which your feet travel is moved, but its size remains the same.
OK, this is the stuff the puts my brain on overload. I understand that one is creating a circle when pedaling. However, if your foot is say 10 mm closer to the axis point (bottom bracket axle), isn't the circle you're creating actually smaller? And, if the your foot is 10 mm farther away from the axis, aren't you creating a longer lever that will require your foot to make a slightly bigger circle? Or, is it the fact that you've got two axis points (one in the bottom bracket and the other the pedal itself) that makes this difficult for me to reason through? Stay with me for a minute.... So, the circle you create with the foot moving around the pedal axle has nothing to do with the length of the lever created by the crank arm length? And if this is true, shoe sole thickness or pedal contact height from the center of the pedal axle has no effect?

Last edited by BSLeVan; 08-19-08 at 10:12 AM.