View Single Post
Old 11-14-04, 09:15 PM
Laika

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vincenzosi
In the Bronx, we have the Pelham / Mosholu greenway system, which extends quite a distance, but some sections of it are a total disaster. Overgrown brush, holes, cracks, and idiots standing in the middle of it chatting rather than stepping to the side and letting cyclists / joggers / bladers go by.

What are the greenways like in your area, or do you not even bother and ride the road?
greenways in brooklyn are usually the worst-paved part of the roads and seem to switch streets in order to follow the route with the greatest possible number of potholes and manhole covers. My particular favorite (not sure if this is technically a greenway, but here goes) is the Shore Pkwy here in Bklyn, where (aside from the sand and glass covered portions by Plum Beach) there is my favorite feature ever...a large, inflexible steel pillar deliberately planted on the apex of a curve where the path barely is wide enough to accomodate two bikes. Well, at least they painted it yellow, so I'll see what kills me, right?