Punk Rock Lives

Location: Throughout the west in a van, on my bike, and in the forest

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker with BRIFTERS!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by vincenzosi
You do things your way, I'll do them mine, and that's the last I'll say in this thread.
I agree with the vast majority of your sentiments, Vince. Decades before critical mass 'discovered' they could be the equivalent of 2 wheeled SUVs, cyclists were out riding in town and country, courteously sharing the road, setting a good example by our behavior, environmental concerns, community involvement, respect for one another and the locals, etc. So I agree with you 99%.

the 1% comes from the fact that there is a time and place for everything. From what I read ( i would never live in a city..) bicycles sure have their damn fair share of abuse trying to ride in cities. To me the problem is the city--not the bicycle---but given that some folks like to live in cities, and that cities have a lower level of courtesy and threshold of anger, sometimes I think ya gotta get in someones face to get them out of YOUR face. So I disagree with CMs tactics in the vast majority of cases, but not all.

Like most earthy/crunchy groups, what has happened to CM is that a few bad apples have grabbed control of the organization. The rest, all hung up on not exercising authority, can't do anything about it.

roughstuff