View Single Post
Old 08-21-08, 04:30 AM
uncadan8
Dwindling Roadie

Bikes: Cannondale Caad8 R1000, '80's Cannondale (The Beast), Diamondback Topanga Hardtail MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the same problem with "the little silver thingy." If you tighten them down too much they can cause a problem. I took the extreme route and just quit using them altogether. I don't use the little black caps on the valve stem either. Makes me look pro and saves rotating weight!

Originally Posted by Missbumble
OK - This is really awesome!!! I was trying to read a friend the measurements for my tires - when I noticed that the fornt ties was flat (I was in the livingroom, mind you) . So after 2 glasses of wine he convinced me over the phone that I could change it!

And voila - no biggie. He walked me thorugh it - and it was actually quite simple. I must have nice and easy tires. We discovered the culprit. The silver thingy on the valve stem must of worn away the rubber - cause that is where the leak was at the bottom of the stem. So...he said those silver rings cna be trouble. This time I made sure once the tires was on that I only put the silver thingy on the valve stem half way.

OK - 3 cheers for me!!! Can anyone relate?? Has anyone not changed a flat yet??? I feel so prepared if (when) it happens again.... Thanks to Big Scott for walking me through the flat tire change on our ride.a while back..and ofcourse thanks to my friend who walked me through the flat tire change on my bike.

Oh well just thought I would share with my peeps.