Old 08-21-08, 07:06 AM
schu777

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
Is a tandem bicycle, either 'bent or upright, out of the question? Or, perhaps, a RANS Crank Forward tandem? RANS has a link at the top of the BROL page.
Couple of reasons I'm looking for a Tandem Tricycle...

1) Wife doesn't like it when I leave her in the dust...plus she feels bad for not going fast enough to keep up to the pace I like to have.
2) Wife isn't all that comfortable with bicycle with the balance and such - I think the more she rode, the better it would be.

With a tricycle, she wouldn't have the balance issue any more. Being a tandem, that would solve both issues. My only real issue that I might be pedaling for two...

I noticed another thread about building a wood bike -well, I'm a wood worker and that just is very cool idea to bring wood into this hobby. Besides the components, I think I could build a tandem tricycle with some really nice looking wood - laminated Hard Maple with Walnut comes to mind - I think that would be really cool looking. Ahhh...just to have time and money to do it. Guess I'll have to start small - buy a cheap mountain bike to rob the components from - build a single recumbent an go from there...

Michael