Old 08-21-08, 08:09 AM
HeIncreasesMe

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grey_falcon
nice job, now the question is... would still of helped the dude even if people where'nt watching... but either way nice of you to help out the homeless... personally if i can't finish my lunch i usually pass it off to a homeless person...
Ahhh heck NAW! Those are fighting words. lol

Not towards you specifically but anyone who questions my good deeds or my motives. I didn't push that guy across the street because people were watching..I looked like a fool all types of crazy doing it. I didn't even notice the stares until I got halfway back across one street and noticed folks starring at me (Maybe they were starring at my gear?).

My eyes were on my BIKE! I was sooo scarred someone was going to try to jack my bike. I kept looking across the street as I pushed him and looking back at my bike. Lol. So Wrong wrong I know.
These weren't even the same cars necessarily. And they don't know me..my name..or where I am from. You get no accolades(sp) if people don't know you. I was some random chick in the street with bicycle gear on. That's all they know..and that wasn't going to benefit me one bit..in the shady part of town!

I do good because that is what I am suppose to do...not because of karma. I don't believe in re-incarnation. So ooohhh well you might not have done that if people werent' watching...stuff just isn't true. Good question..I understand why it is ask of people..but in MY cases it's not true.

I honestly don't think anyone would have rolled down their window for the man and pulled over to help him. Now that I think about it..I saw him asking some folks for help who were getting in their cars....(He was talking to these people so I only assume he was asking for help). They got in their car and pulled off. And we were right by train tracks..so I understood why he would neeed the help.

And I mentioned earlier up in the post about Lazarus and the Richman. Lazarus was a poor man who ask for change outside the temple...he was sick too. Richman walked passed him everyday. They both died Lazarus went to heaven...richman went to hell. He begged Abramham to let Lazarus dip his finger in water to put a drop on the tip of his tongue to cool his thirst. Abraham said..why? When Lazarus needed help...you walked passed him...and we couldn't help you if we wanted too there is a gulf between us that we can't cross to come to your side and you can come to our side. (If you aren't religious or a heaven and hell believer..just take this part as a wise saying by Confucius or an African Proverb)

So I guess the better quesiton is..did you do this so God could see you do it? Are you trying to get cool points with Jesus? Ughh... maybe, but that doesn't negate the fact that I have ALOT OF FUN DOING IT!

Last edited by HeIncreasesMe; 08-21-08 at 08:13 AM.