HeIncreasesMe

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HoustonGal
Aw, don't feel bad. You didn't know.

And I know you don't want to feed anyone's addiction, but the guy most likely IS an alcoholic. He's sick. He can't live without the booze. You helped him cross the street. That's all there is to it. Does it matter that you helped him cross the street because he had to get a beer fix? Would he be more worthy of help without the beer? Your post implies that, but I would argue the guy is like anyone else with a serious illness.

In the end, you help who you want to help, but I wouldn't feel bad about it. He may not be trying to "play" you, he's just a sick old man who probably appreciates some assistance now and then.
The part that gets me is that he didn't really need help! He could have done it himself. He did it to get the liquor store...so I know he coud have done it himself. Folks aren't walking where I helped him across the street...so he made it on his own. That is the part that is grrr!

And yes it does matter to me that if by helping someone I am contributing to their addictions. I know about addictions..have a family full of ADDICTS.

However, that wasn't my point....I just added that part of the story...which made it more frustrating that this guy could help himself to get what he wanted..but decided to use people along the way to do stuff he didn't FEEL like doing.