Old 08-21-08, 11:24 AM
HeIncreasesMe

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
Call me cynical, but I would have suspected a setup. I would have helped, but kept my eyes on the bike the entire time. There are a lot of distract/steal scams going.

Ironically, much of my cynicism comes from having lived in Oakland.

Example:

Once, in San Francisco, I gave a few bucks to a guy who said he needed bus fare back to San Jose. A week later I saw the same guy, in the same area, running the same scam.
Yea, I did. That is why I kept looking back at my bike. And you are right much of my grr comes from living in the big city because tons of folks are without and tons of folks are running scams. I've been taking ac couple times. So I am trying to use discernment about when to help and when it's a scam.

Guy asked me for a quarter to get on bart..I gave it to him and he went to the machine to get ticket..but just fiddled with it and when I walked off he went right back on to asking someone else.

Because he needed one quarter to complete his fair to get his ticket...can u just help me out please? Who wouldn't give up a quarter? To even a stranger who didn't look homeless or like they were on drugs...no one. But he played all of us.