Ka_Jun
Who farted?

Bikes: '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeIncreasesMe
Yea..I'm taking a longer than usual commute home..decided to go to company picnic via bike and not ride wiht the crowd.

So I am exhausted pushing home 16 miles. I am about 2 miles from home sweating bullets, trying to keep my breathing under control. I'm catching a breath coming up to a stop sign and a homeless guy in a wheelchair says "Please..please..can you push me across the street?"

I'm in a shady part of town and I really did not want to get off my bike...lol But, I wanted to help.

I just said Lord you know my heart protect my bike.

I unclipped..leaned my bike up against the bars ratty fence. Took hold of the wheelchair which was pretty dirty and smelled like urine and clipped cliapped across two cross walks..in full lycra outfit..helmet..camelback gear with clipless.

Yes All EYES were on me.
You did what you had to do. Humanity is like that, sometimes. Once a guy who was on a cane trying to climb up the curb just reached out and held his hand out to me without saying anything and I helped him pull himself up on to the curb. Neither of us said anything, no wonderous "connection" moment, just two people being human, you just do what you have to do.