Old 08-22-08, 11:14 AM
inkblot

Bikes: Haluzak Leprechaun, Ti-Rush, Azor Oma, Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Buffalo

Hi, all. I have been reading the Bike Forums all this summer but am new to posting. I've got two and a half bikes: a new Azor Oma (big Dutch commuter bike); an older Jamis Coda; and (on its way to me from its first owner on the west coast) a Haluzak Leprechaun (SWB USS recumbent). I'd never been able to ride the Jamis as much as I wanted because neck, shoulder, and wrist problems made it hard for me to sustain the posture the bike required. I'd swapped new handlebars and risers in and out, several times, but nothing ever worked. So when I learned last year that there were indeed bikes out there that I could ride without pain I began investigating eagerly. Though my bicycle muscles aren't well built up yet, I think I should soon be able to use the Azor for commuting to school (I teach). If I get really courageous I'll try the Haluzak for that too, in fair weather; but I expect it will be better in more lightly-trafficked areas. The next challenge will be figuring out how to bring my dog with me without getting both of us killed. But first things first.