View Single Post
Old 05-15-02, 07:22 PM
Cadd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by velocipedio
I imagine Nova would be just fine for city riding. I've been finding that I tend to use my 'cross bike as my ride of choice to my office [a short ride, but nonetheless...] I don't know what kind of tires it comes with, but if it comes with knobbies, there's no reason why you couldn't just swap out for semi-slicks or 28c slick tires.

In fact, all of the bikes you listed would be just fine for city riding.

I personally like the Nova because I have a preference for drop handlebars, I think it has a better copmponents and frame spec than the other two Jamis bikes.

The other thing is that I think it may ultimately be more adaptable in some ways... you could use it as a road bike or as a cyclocross bike [which is what it's kind of intended for, anyway], if you start getting into the sport of cycling in a big way.

But that's how I look at it. I'm not you.

You should go to the shop, try all the bikes -- or as many as you can -- and get the one that sings to you. It should fit, be comfortable and make you want to ride forever. Chosing a bike is a complex and personal thing. You have to make the decision and you can only do that by trying the bikes.
Velo, how about the Bianchi Volpe...it know it's a bit more than what I was looking to spend, but I need those 35c tires for the city...I think I'm just paranoid....but is the Volpe a good bike? It msrp for $850.

Thanx