View Single Post
Old 08-22-08, 08:45 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
I have to disagree, I think you have to thank all the *******s that created the high gas prices that MADE the people that could no longer afford the gas buy bicycles as a cheaper form of transportation. I will agree that a small minority of people started riding for health, fitness and family fun, but a majority of them ride because gas prices are to damn high!
Originally Posted by bab2000
No actually you can thank the many folk who have rediscovered biking for health, fitness and family fun. Vintage bikes gained in popularity just because the quality is still present in these older rides and there are bargains to be found.

The Chicago market turns the older steel Schwinns for double what they are here in Indiana, and the the fixie crowd love to convert these steel multi-speeds to single gear for the solid ride performance.

Yet, $200 is a bit much. I acquired two Schwinn Suburbans, (almost the same frame and components), upright riders, in near perfect condition, one with racks and lights in the prettiest chestnut color, for $60, (1980) and a 1974 Sierra Brown in good + shape for $50. Both were gifts, one to SnL, the other a friend.

I did not have to touch them except wipe the dust off. And I search for almost 3 months for these deals to appear.

A 88 Schwinn Sprint, (the newer version of the Varsity) sold in a remote area a week ago for $35, turned up in South Bend (near Notre Dame) for $75 todays listing. $200 is just to much for a Varsity.
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve