View Single Post
Old 08-23-08, 11:14 PM
poprad

Bikes: 07 Vanilla, 98 IRD road frame built up with 25th Ann DA, Surly cross check with 105 comp, 78 Raleigh Comp GS, 85 Centurionelli

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 191 Posts
This will probably be my last report unless the Imperial does something untoward, like falling apart or something (not likely).

I did the Crater Lake Century with about 7500 ft of climbing over 100 mi with it, and it is even more comfortable now that it was for the StP. I rate it overall for comfort as a 10, since after that ride I had no soreness or numbness at all. I have approx 2k mi on it now.

The only drawbacks I see to the Imperial are the weight and appearance. If they made a racier Ti railed model, like an "Imperialized" Swift I would snap one up in a heartbeat. Appearance aside though the Imperial still graces my prime ride. Sometimes comfort outweighs looks and impressive gram numbers. The Imperial will stay on for Cycle Oregon.

Thanks Brooks for allowing us all to participate in this review process, and I hope our online and submitted reports were helpfull.