View Single Post
Old 08-24-08, 07:34 AM
logdrum
Headset-press carrier

Bikes: Kona with Campy 8, Lynskey Ti with Rival, Bianchi pista, Raleigh Team Frame with SRAM Red, Specialized Stump Jumper, Surley Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonestr
I use an old pair of Giordana winter bibs that I have had for a while. I am going to look into the windproof briefs for this winter.

Layer up and then make sure it is not to icy out for your road bike. You might try a fixed gear as they are good for winter conditions.
Originally Posted by SKYLAB
its not the cold that stops me in the winter its the wind. We regularly get winds over 50 mph here from november through april. Once the Nordic areas open up here in Colorado I get out and skate ski 3-5 days a week. Great cross training. In fact, I have a much harder time controlling heart rate skating than I do biking.
Yeah fixie. Better ice control. You will ride slower though which is not bad. +1 on th XC classical or skate. Cheaper than alpine less jock attitude and you can enter some races as well.

Unfortunately for us here in the Abq area we do not have great XC at all and I have to drive to it. I still have wax from 1998 and some expensive fluorite types. I also have carbon poles and I am sure the technology has change so much by now. The clothing I used for XC works for winter better than anything you can buy at the LBS.

SKYLAB did you not live in Northern NM at one point?