Old 08-24-08, 08:30 AM
ihe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy500
Hello all,

I'm buying a Swift at the end of the month, thanks in a large part to the great discussion on this thread. My question is about bags---I am going to be doing a work commute, not far but will need to pack small laptop, lunch, etc. I was wondering if anyone has compared the Crossrack to the Posthaste rack, both sold as accessories on the Xootr Swift site. They both appear to have a max capacity of 25 pounds, and the Crossrack has the advantage of mounting front or back. The Posthaste has the advantage of accomodating 2 panniers and/or a rack bag--but I am wondering if this is a real advantage given the weight limitation.

The commuting thread has lots of material on various types of bags, but am interested in the "Swift" perspective! I've seen some of the comments on the crossrack, but my searches on "Posthaste" have come up blank.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
I put the Axiom Odyssey (from aebikes.com) seatpost rack on my Swift. It has a 55 lb. limit and has pannier supports. It fits the seatpost without needing the longer bolts that Xootr provides with the Delta. It has worked well for me.