Old 08-24-08, 10:58 AM
werewolf

Bikes: Swift folder, single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy500
thanks for the feedback! Noteon, I think I have seen some pictures you posted with the Bug on your crossrack--it sure is big!!

I think I am going to give the posthaste a try, and then if I need a bit more capacity look at the crossrack for the front with a lighter load. I haven't actually started doing this commute yet so not sure how much space I will need. I will report back on the posthaste rack once I have it fitted up.

I bought the Posthaste rack from Swift and then discarded it. I did not like it. The main problem was that the slightest leverage on it twisted the seat off center. It also made the popped out seat tube much more awkward. I am much happier with the much more solid standard rack that I put on - picture (not too clear) on my "Saw off Swift handlebar bar?" thread.

Those Axiom Odyssey racks -

http://sporting-goods.pricegrabber.c...es/m/71183871/

- do they attach at the bottom as well as the seat tube? If so, you won't be able to remove the seat and fold the bike, right? And do they fit the Swift exactly? And if they don't attach at the bottom, they'll be even much worse than the Postahaste re those two problems.