View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 10:40 AM
foehn

Location: The Alta Loma area of Rancho Cucamonga. About 45 miles east of Los Angeles, California. Uphill, downhill and across hill riding; not too level!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee brown
Oops, didn't realize the location. Ok, then drag in your mud-packed, dusty bike through the mall instead.

Damn Californians!

Koffee
Heh, I just had to go out yesterday--it was gorgeous. Clear, sunny and the temps were somewhere in the sixties, perfect riding weather. It was nice even though I had a head wind to the mall (Mild Santa Anas) and then a head wind riding home (the usual wind from the West/Southwest).

Originally Posted by DieselDan
Bike racks attract trouble.
In this case, as it is a totally artificial townscape, outdoors and designed to get people off the sidewalks and into stores, bike racks might actually be helpful. The sidewalks are pretty narrow to be chaining a bike to a lamp-post on them. I figure it would be good to have my bike out of the way so no one trips or falls on it!

Originally Posted by my58vw
Wow I thought the hills were only in Riverside...
Yep, you've got the hills in Riverside and they run pretty much continuously out to and up by us. I have to climb a pretty big one to get home. Or I should say I don't climb the hill so much as toddle up it, but I do get up it and now I can do it with higher pedal cadence, faster speed(a little) and--most importantly-- without stopping! Whoo-HOO!