Old 08-25-08, 10:16 AM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked 528 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by DougG
Is there any centralized source of information on these trails? I've been thinking of travelling down to that area from Michigan for a couple days of riding. I could even mix in a stop in my hometown of Cincinnati. Trails between Xenia and Cincinnati would be of the most interest to me (paved of course -- suitable for a road bike).
The Little Miami Trail official park site. It's trail map and mileage chart. The trail continues north of the end of this map, to Xenia and beyond.

If you are visiting Cincinnati, it's probably best to start from Loveland. The trail is quite busy for the first 3 or 4 miles north from Loveland, then the walkers and casual bikers thin out. From there, it's wide open for bike riders. It's about 43 miles from Loveland to Xenia, very slightly uphill to Springfield, then a bit more of a grade up to Xenia, just enough to slow your average speed a bit.

The trail going south from Loveland is nice, too. But there's more riders and walkers, and more intersections. So do it a a slower pace, often less than 15 mph, slower when passing inline skaters, little kids on bikes, etc.