View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 06:33 AM
scwowgph

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trails near Xenia

I grew up near Waynesville/Corwin. The railroad where the little Miami trail is now was still going back then. I just wanted to weigh in and say that the Little Miami Trail is incredibly nice. I noticed some people commenting on how pretty it is from Yellow Springs to Spring Valley which is of course true, but my favorite part as someone else mentioned is underneath the I-71 bridge. That Is Fort Ancient. It is a state park featuring Indian mounds. It is a prehistoric Indian Fort. If you have time when you are biking near there, it is well worth it to climb the hill and check it out. I also highly recommend Morgan's campground there. Some old buddies and I have taken to staying at Morgan's at least once a year and putting in the hundred or so miles on the little Miami trail. It bears noting that these rail to trail bike paths generate income for otherwise dead areas. Of course it is not like putting in a huge factory, but many of the little motels and restaurants seem to experience much better business thanks to the cyclists who ride the trails.