Old 08-27-08, 09:57 PM
bw286
tarck as ****

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeweyJuice
My issue is shifting from the small ring in the front to the big ring. Many times it'll get stuck in between and just make noise and stays in the small ring. If I hold the lever over for a while (maybe 5 revs of the crank) it helps when I'm in this stuck mood. It also is really bad when cross chaining or close to it, which might be part of my problem. That is to say maybe I shouldn't be trying it to cross chain it but trying out the shifting in a parking lot seems to be a common scenario where I had alot of trouble and I don't really need the big ring in a parking lot. I might just be used to shimano or whatever, but I can't think of any time where ultegra didn't shift or where the shift was anything but instantaneous. I might just be a SRAM idiot. I'm going to wait a couple of months before I decide and if I don't get used to the FD shifting I don't know what I'll do.
My LBS has looked at it 3 times now and they say it's good. I'm giving it some time and I have improved quite a bit from the first 2 days where I literally couldn't get out of the small chain ring for 10 minutes.
The ergonics are different too. The Rival brifters are smaller and I like the feeling that I'm all over them. Off road that does feel a little unsettling because sometimes I *feel* like my hands might slip forward over and off the brifter but it hasn't happened and I don't think it will.
probably this one. coming off of campy, i really like the sram. feels solid like campy, and the shifting action is nicer. i've had no problems with my front der. everything lined up nice and flush?