Old 08-28-08, 06:43 AM
chris_aug18
<3's Woolverton

Bikes: Old Rebuilt Jamis Aurora, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, 06 Marin Palisades Trail w/ slicks, Cheapo folding bike, homemade tandem, Muni, and some old beaters.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, thanks for all the advice guys!

Turns out my mom was really against me going around the lake. I'm 20 so I can do what I want but I'd feel bad leaving with her worrying the whole time. But she seems much happier with me biking to Kingston and back and staying in Canada for some reason, even though the traffic is much worst around TO. So thats what I am going to be doing and according to google maps its about a 700km trip which still is pretty good for my first tour.

I have some homemade panniers, a rear rack, a front bag, a little triangle frame bag and possibly a small camelback that I will be bringing with me. I'll post some pictures tonight(I'm at work) of the panniers I made and the 'ghetto' rig I used to attach the front bag to my MB handle bars.

Does anyone know how frequently you come across stores between Oshawa and Kingston? I see lots of towns on the map so I am assuming I won't have to carry much in the way of food or water.

This is the route I plan on taking...not looking forward to the traffic

Oh, and don't know if you can tell or not but I'm getting really excited

Last edited by chris_aug18; 08-28-08 at 07:56 AM. Reason: map link