Old 08-28-08, 11:09 AM
Nick The Great
Internal Cyclist Emerging

Bikes: Cannondale Adventure 5 (It's a start . . . )

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bike4life
I'm not a trial lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. How-so-ever, you say The women still did a disservice to RAGBRAI. Say what?

If this is true: It has been reported by the Des Moines Register that a county deputy was assigned to
warn riders, but the deputy left prior to the 2004 crash that killed Kurt Ullrich. Orange cones that were placed to warn riders were removed prior to the fatal crash.

Then it logically follows: The county 1) knew about a potentially deadly hazard, 2) recognized the hazard to the point that they sent a deputy to warn and place orange warning cones, and 3) failed to adequately perform its most primary governmental responsibility: protect the public.

So, why are you trying to cast his widow as the villain?
I don't know, I wasn't there when it happened. My father taught me personal accountability and I still believe in it.

Who moved the cones? Why did the officer leave? Did "the county" say, "Hmmm lets off a cyclist today . . . leave your post . . . " I doubt it. It sucks that he died. It really sucks, sounds like he was a good guy.

He should have been watching the road. He could have stayed home and not died. He could have . . . . Ever seen the movie, "The Butterfly Effect"?

I think that no body was at fault here. This wasn't the point of the topic; I'm sorry, carry on.