View Single Post
Old 08-28-08, 11:22 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsuru
damn... Kentucky seems harsh!

One thing to note, I believe cars can legally pass you in a double yellow line situation if it's clear. There was a thread somewhere about that.
Depends on the state. In NC you are not to cross the double yellow except to make a left hand turn into a driveway. At all intersections the double yellow is broken. I ride and drive narrow 2 lane country roads on a regular basis. I am always amazed at the number of complete idiots that are loose on our roadways that will pass regardless of whether they can see ahead, and whether it is legal or not. I get passed in one section regularly when driving, I am doing the posted speed limit but that isn't good enough, so around they go. I have had to slam on brakes several times to allow the passing asshat clearance to get back in to avoid a head on with the oncoming car that came around the curve and over the hill

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon