Old 08-29-08, 07:26 PM
shuguru314

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the simple life...

i too love this thread...

im in the process of "purging" most of my superfluous goods and commodities...

ive sold my ipod, watches, clothes, furniture in the last few months

haven't driven a car for 3 years now...finally got a bike...i only drink tap water (sometimes a beer)

i believe in living and taking advantage of our modern technology but doing so in a responsible way...

for instance... im minimizing my wardrobe and replacing cotton t shirts with merino or poly moisture
wicking fabrics...
they allow for less sweat and dirt and odor accumulation and in turn are easily cared for...
i can use a small table top washer on a 2 minute cycle and let the rapid-drying fabrics hang to dry

im getting to the point where i can live with everything i need on my back...(except the bike)

the laptop is one of my main tools... i use it for movies, research, art, music ( i even sold most of my art supplies in order to a buy a digital tablet which can accomodate thousands of different effects and techniques of traditional art supplies and it minimizes paper and material usage, and of course space)

i believe that reading is one of the greatest things we can do to learn...but i check out 2-3 books a week from the library and return them..

i try to eat locally and nutritious natural foods

...its great to hear that some other ppl have a good philosophy on life...most of my peers/family would think im crazy