View Single Post
Old 08-30-08, 04:58 PM
manuelg909

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kwrides
I test rode the Tricross triple right before I recently bought my Kona Jake. I really liked the ride of the Tricross, and still wish I owned one, but I didn't buy it for 3 reasons.
1. I could only get it in a Camo paint scheme for less than $1000, which was my cutoff. If I could have had black or blue (the 2008 version) for the same price, I would have bought it I think.
2. I read a lot of bad things about brake shudder with the 2007 that I was looking at. I'm not sure if this is resolved for the 2008/2009, but could be easily resolved by spending a bit to replace the brakes.
3. I thought that for some reason a novice might think it looked like a more expensive bike than the Kona due to the tubing and the front fork. I want my bike to look like it's not worth stealing. I'm not sure if this was good thinking or not, since it was just my opinion of what a thief might think looked expensive.

If you buy one, post some pics. I really like them!
after 6 years in the service i will not be getting anything camo. i like the 08 paint scheme.Thanks for the input!