View Single Post
Old 09-01-08, 04:36 PM
joshandlauri
Got another new bike

Bikes: pacific elite 3.1 w/upgrades and street slicks, got an iron horse maverick now, cannondale sr800, gt gtr pro rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Monday ride

I intended on riding from Dundalk 21222 to the PA Line and back for about 90 miles, but as it turns out there are 2 old york roads on the left, one goes south and one goes north, so of course as my luck has it the first one is south and I didn't know that it was even there, so sure enough I take it, the road ends and I'm lost so I head on back home.

http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=20487#

stats:
76.5 miles longest ride yet
3320 feet climbing
17.0 mph avg
40.1 max
4hrs 25min
4 bottles of water
1 cliff bar (i know I'm an idiot for not taking more, next time I'm bringing gels, something about chewing dry food and riding sucks)
2 sore knees, I raised saddle a little hopefully that will help
2 Jelly legs

Notes:
1.Got chased by a dog on mountain road, luckily I was going down hill, dog was no where to be found while coming back UPHILL, thank god.
2.I saw over 12 people road biking on Mountain Rd, all waved and were going the oppisite direct as me.
3.While on Rt 40@43 going home I took the center lane at the light for safty reasons as right lane is ramp only and everyone cuts over at last second, some guy road behind me till I was able to get on shoulder, tooted his horn waved and had a bike rack, pretty cool.
4.I was low on water and stopped at a garage, I asked where his spickot was and if I could use it, the man said "come on inside I have good water" (deer park water cooler)

Cool ride, legs are sore, might do next weekend but this time go the right way on old york.